Keeping students engaged from the first moment in lesson is one of the keys to enthusiastic learners. Having a fun series of rhythm warm-ups that get students moving helps them internalize a steady pulse without realizing they are learning!
If you would like your students to:
- Move to a steady pulse (beat)
- Add body movements to reinforce a steady pulse
- Clap rhythms using a steady pulse
- Improvise melodies using a given rhythm
- Notate a rhythm after learning it aurally
This 12-week set of warm-ups covers all these concepts & activities. These warm-ups take about 5 minutes though if a student is really get into it, feel free to spend a bit more time.
- Warm-up ideas for start of lesson
- Practice during the week ideas
- Review ideas for the start of next lesson
- Body rhythm ideas (enough for the full 12 weeks)
- Rhythm word ideas to help your students remember the patterns (3 different sets)
- 4 sets of rhythms (absolute beginner, beginner, early elementary, elementary)
- Studio challenge ideas (including a points system to use)
- Individual PNG images for week’s rhythm to use on digital practice pages (4 zip files of images)
Please be sure you have a program to open zip files before purchasing this product.
This product is for a single teacher to use within their studio with their students. If you would like to use this product for multiple teachers, classrooms or studios, please contact Rosemarie for additional license pricing. Thanks!
To see a video of these warm-ups in action, visit “Rhythm Warm-Ups That Get Students off the Bench“.