Get your students saying, “If I can sing it, I can play it!” with these short, sequential chord warm-ups. Starting with the basics & working up to today’s most common chord progressions, your students will be amazed at how easy it becomes to play chord progressions in a multitude of keys once they sing chords & play these warm-ups!
Would you like your students to:
- Hear, recognize, sing & play common chords?
- Know how to transpose to a new key ‘on the fly’?
- Have a chord specific strategy for practice during the week?
- Improvise a melody over a given chord progression? (more advanced students)
These warm-ups take about 5 minutes though if a student loves this … keep going!
These sequential warm-ups will cover almost 2 months for your entire studio! And, they work BOTH IN-PERSON & ONLINE!
- Warm-up ideas for the start of each lesson
- Practice during the week ideas
- Review ideas for the start of the next lesson
- Different wording sets to take students beyond Solfege (using moveable Do)
- Enrichment activities for beginners, for a challenge, & lab time
- How to make this a studio challenge with points
- How to
This product is for a single teacher to use within their studio with their students. If you would like to use this product for multiple teachers, classrooms or studios, please contact Rosemarie for additional license pricing. Thanks!
If you have students that are preparing for exams, it can be great to prepare in different ways! This warm-up series matches up with requirements for the following exams:
- Royal Conservatory of Canada (2015 syllabus):
- Level 1 – 5: Ear training (intervals & chords), Pentascale playbacks
- Trinity College London (2018-2020 syllabus):
- Level 1 – 5: Harmonic stimulus (improvisation)
- ABRSM (2019-2020 syllabus):
- Grades 1 – 3 Aural tests: Singing phrases an examiner has played
- When combined with “Rhythm Warm-Ups That Get Students Off the Bench”, covers aurally identifying rhythm & pitch changes of Grade 1 – 3 aural tests.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!
Want a powerhouse combo for your studio?
Are you looking for rhythm warm-ups that target exactly what students struggle with while bridging the gap between rhythm exercises & actually creating music? Would like your students to: Move…