Are you looking for rhythm warm-ups that target exactly what students struggle with while bridging the gap between rhythm exercises & actually creating music?
Would like your students to:
- Move to a steady pulse (beat)?
- Add body movements to reinforce a steady pulse?
- Clap rhythms using a steady pulse?
- Improvise melodies using a given rhythm?
- Notate a rhythm after learning it aurally?
These quick & easy rhythms warm-ups bring a smile to students every lesson & take your planning time to almost nothing! By the end of this rhythm unit, your students will have strategies for keeping a steady pulse, saying/tapping common rhythm patterns, plus improvise with & notate weekly rhythms.
These warm-ups take about 5 minutes though if a student really gets into it, feel free to spend a bit more time.
- Warm-up ideas for start of the lesson
- Practice during the week ideas
- Review ideas for the start of the next lesson
- Body rhythm ideas (enough for the full 12 weeks)
- Rhythm word ideas to help your students remember the patterns (3 different sets)
- 4 sets of rhythms (absolute beginner, beginner, early elementary, elementary)
- Studio challenge ideas (including a points system to use)
- Individual PNG images for week’s rhythm to use on digital practice pages (4 zip files of images)
Includes 3 months of levelled warm-ups planned for your entire studio!
Please be sure you have a program to open zip files before purchasing this product.
This product is for a single teacher to use within their studio with their students. If you would like to use this product for multiple teachers, classrooms or studios, please contact Rosemarie for additional license pricing. Thanks!
To see a video of these warm-ups in action, visit “Rhythm Warm-Ups That Get Students Off the Bench“.